Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 08, 2006

GPS, I am almost lost!




This afternoon, I had a chat with my beloved hubby, he asked me:
“how much it the price of GPS”
I said: 2 million rupiah
My Hubby: If it is a used one?
I said: I don’t know, not my interest in used one or new one, my interest is how much data does it have in? more valuable I think..
My hubby: Oh…



GPS or Global Positioning Systems now known well as a survey gear, guiding us to find the place we will visit to or to reconstruction the place you ever experience in, now, many applications has been applied. From fisherman to the President, from Boy Scout to the military general.

GPS as I know, now not only belongs to US, since the Galileo, the EuropeanGPS, be aware that The Galileo project calls for developing and launching a network of satellites that would reduce Europe's dependency on the GPS system. The Galileo positioning system is a proposed
satellite navigation system, to be built by the European Union (EU) as an alternative to NAVSTAR (which is controlled by the United States military) a The system should be operational by 2010, two years later than originally anticipated.
As I know Galileo is intended to provide:
Greater precision to all users than is currently available.
Improved coverage of satellite signals at higher latitudes, which northern regions such as
Scandinavia will benefit from.
A positioning system upon which European nations can rely even in times of war or political disagreement.
Back to NAVSTAR GPS, one interesting point when I read an article from
http://www.useu.be/ when Mr. Bell from US Mlitary Dept. warn the EU. If the Galileo signal directly overlays the GPS M-code signal, he warned, "jamming one would also jam the other, resulting in a negative impact on NATO's military effectiveness in the area of operations, potentially risking fratricide on friendly forces and civil populations."
I am waiting to the coming of 2010.

Ps. Hunny, seems that you shold change your bussiness card address not with a street address anymore, should be a coordinate! Miss u much!
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker